The Human Resources Department (HR) is split into three distinct areas of expertise; Operations, Professional Development and Employee Relations. Its primary function is to provide a personnel, payroll and pensions service to staff. This is supplemented by the work of the Employee Relations and Organisational Development teams who provide specialist advice and support, and are also working on the longer-term objectives of the HR Strategy.
People & Organisational Development (OD) Strategy
Our People and Organisational Development (OD) strategy is designed to enable Queen Mary to meet its strategic ambitions, aims and objectives and to make its strategic vision possible by:
- Attracting, developing and nurturing a talented and diverse workforce.
- Helping create a collegiate and inclusive environment where all colleagues feel supported to reach their full potential and have fulfilled working lives.
- Creating a culture of high quality delivery in teaching, research and support services, supporting and empowering everyone within the Queen Mary community to contribute to the realisation of our strategic vision.
- Ensuring all staff are working to high professional standards, supporting, contributing and adding value across all areas of Queen Mary’s activities and providing an excellent student experience.
Aims and objectives
The HR Department aims to:
- Provide a high quality and timely personnel, payroll and pensions service
- Integrate services so that departments and institutes receive support and advice in the most appropriate way
- Maintain equality of treatment and quality services as guiding principles at all times
- Develop improved awareness of customer needs and business requirements
- Deliver the HR Strategy to improve levels of professionalism and expertise.
The HR Department is open to callers, both in person and by telephone during reception opening hours. Current opening hours can be found on the HR Contact Us page.