Articles and Books
- Depression Alliance - Charity for sufferers of depression. Has a network of self-help groups.
- Maytree Respite Centre - Charity offering a one-off four night residential sanctuary for people in a suicidal crisis, in a calm, safe house in north London. Provides time and space to talk, reflect and be befriended in a supportive, non-medical environment. Address: 72 Moray Road, London, N4 3LG Tel: 020-7263 7070 (Open 24 hours, every day of the year) Email: email@example.com
- Mental Health Foundation - Provides information and support for everyone with mental health problems or learning disabilities.
- Mind - Promotes the views and needs of people with mental health problems. Phone: 0300 123 3393
- Samaritans - This is a free service offering telephone and face to face listening and support every day of the year. Tel: 116 123 (Open 24 hours, every day of the year) Address: 46 Marshall Street, London W1 (Open 9am-9pm daily)
- Saneline - A national out-of-hours telephone helpline offering emotional support and information for people affected by mental health problems, including family and friends. Tel: 0845 767 8000 (Open daily 6am-11pm)
- Rethink - Support and advice for people living with mental illness. Phone: 0300 5000 927
- Workplace options - Free, confidential and independent website and helpline to help you balance your work, family and personal life. Phone: 0800 243 458 (username and password not required, open 24 hours, every day of the year) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (NB: for the website a username: queenmary and password: employee is required).
- Chaplaincy - St Benet's is a Christian chapel and meeting place open to all students and staff at Queen Mary University of London. St Benet's is a multi-faith space in Mile End where everyone is always welcome.
- Coaching - Queen Mary has a network of professionally trained coaches on hand to help with any issues work related or otherwise.
- Mindfulness - Mindfulness Matters – QM+hub staff group for resources