The 'As Is' workshops will take the following format:
I) Review Draft ‘As Is’ Process Map
An open group discussion to confirm and agree the:
- Process Scope: The Start and End point of the process.
- Process Steps: The activities that make up the process.
- Responsible owner: The department responsible for carrying out each activity.
- Business Control: Identify if any Business Controls and compliance obligations exist i.e. HEFCE, UKVI or Academic Regulations. This will ensure that it can be taken into consideration when redesigning the Future ‘To Be’ process.
- Variation: Any variation in practice is recorded – Who, What and Why.
- Reports: Identify which reports are generated from the current process.
- IT Systems used: Identify which tools are used to carrying out the process.
- Time / Resources used: Identify how long activities take to perform and the resources involved.
II) Conduct Pain Point Assessment
- To facilitate the identification of any known issues currently experienced that affects the process, performance and User experience and highlight possible improvement opportunities.