About the templates
A series of templates have been produced for Teaching and Research (T&R) and Teaching and Scholarship (T&S) academic roles. The templates have been created to ensure that the university is using consistent language across these academic job profiles, and appropriately distinguishing between the different levels of roles. The templates offer a set of descriptions increasing with levels of responsibility but are also sufficiently flexible to include specific requirements for individual posts.
The templates include as standard:
- main duties for each level of role.
- specific responsibilities for research and scholarship, student experience and education, leadership and collegiality, and public engagement and impact
- a standard set of essential criteria for each role. It is possible to add other requirements to the set of essential criteria, that are specific to the needs of the role, and appropriate to the level of the role
- a standard set of desirable criteria for each role. It is possible to add other desirable criteria that are specific to the needs of the role, and appropriate to the level of the role.
How to use the templates
- The job duties remain as stated in the template and cannot be altered.
- School/Institute or discipline-specific requirements can be added to the person specification; however the existing text cannot be removed or edited.
- The job context for the role should be added.
- If you are advertising the post at multiple levels, i.e. open rank at Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader, a job profile, including job description and person specification should be created for each role