Human Resources

Policies & Procedures menu

One-off Payments

Administering One-Off Payments

One-off payments should only be made to individuals in genuine one-off circumstances and should not be made to existing QMUL staff. 

Normally, individuals carrying out short-term work for QMUL are paid through payroll and are on an appropriate contract. However, it may sometimes be appropriate to make a payment to someone for a one-off piece of work or to contract with them to supply services on a self-employed basis. 

Please see our Employed vs Self-Employed page for information on determining the correct employment status.

Should an individual have a genuine self-employed status then payment for their services should be arranged via the Finance Department.

One-Off Payments Administered by the HR Department

Standard One-Off Payments Guidance [DOC 85KB]

Standard One-Off Payments Claim Form [DOC 119KB]

One-Off Payments for External Examiners (Taught Programmes) Guidance [DOC 77KB]

One-Off Payments for External Examiners (Taught Programmes) Claim Form [DOC 113KB]

Student Ambassador Claim Form [DOC 121KB]

Student Demonstrator Claim Form [XLS 41KB]

All payments are subject to UK HMRC regulations and to Pension Auto Enrolment regulations - deductions will be made in relation to this if applicable.

Return to top