Human Resources working with IT Services will be upgrading MyHR next Tuesday, 11 July to bring it in line with the new modern and versatile way business tools are presented to users. This upgrade also provides us with a platform to deliver future developments, including reporting functionality. The current system will be unavailable from 9am-noon on Tuesday, 11 July while this upgrade is completed. Staff won’t need to do anything different to access the updated homepage – sign in details remain the same and bookmarks won’t need to be updated.
Download a quick guide to the new features:
The new look MyHR is all about the employee experience, with a specific focus on the ease of use for staff and managers.
Specifically, there have been four major areas of enhancement that are highlighted below:
1. An intuitive and responsive user experience
MyHR has been revamped to enhance the user experience by introducing a fully responsive and intuitive interface. It is based on Responsive Design, a feature that adapts the user interface intelligently to any screen size, enabling staff and managers to complete HR tasks from any device without the need to download a dedicated app.
2. Enhanced ease of navigation
The employee and manager based tasks are listed in easy to find options on the left-hand navigation panel.
3. Introduction of a MyHR dashboard and easy to use "widgets"
A new MyHR Dashboard homepage will be available to all users from any page on the site by clicking on the home button. The main features of the new dashboard include:
- A customisable area where users can choose to display information in various widgets
- A holiday widget that allows you to see at a glance your holiday entitlement and to request annual leave
- An in progress widget that shows the status of saved forms i.e. if you saved a change to your home address but have not submitted the change yet.
- A pay documents widget that shows the last 3 payslips and P60's. previous pay documentation is available from the pay documents link on the left hand navigation panel.
- An authorisation widget that will allow authorisation of annual leave, timesheets etc
4. Integration with social media profiles (i.e. LinkedIn)
Staff can link their LinkedIn profile to their MyHR account. This social media integration feature allows HR professionals to access it from the member of staff's record.