The Diversity & Inclusion team is launching the QMUL Women’s Mentoring Scheme for all Faculties for 2019.
The work the institution is undertaking for the Athena SWAN programme, has shown a disparity between the numbers of male and female staff at higher levels of seniority i.e. beyond lecturer level. The mentoring scheme is one of the actions QMUL is taking to address this imbalance.
In addition to being assigned a mentor, participants will also be eligible to take part in the Women in Leadership programme. Further details can be found on the Professional Development Web pages.
Both mentors and mentees will be expected to attend a half day workshop at one of the following venues as part of the scheme;
- 12 March Room 1.21 Garrod Building, Whitechapel campus
- 13 March Room 2.01 Scape, Mile End campus
- 14 March Room 129 Wolfson Institute, Charterhouse Square campus
- Mentors: must be at Senior Lecturer, Reader or Professorial level. Mentors can be either female or male
- Mentees: should be female academics (Lecturers) who have the desire and ability to progress their careers to more senior levels
The mentees will benefit from the knowledge, expertise and experience of all senior academics at QMUL, and the Vice Principal Team would like to encourage more male senior academics to participate in the scheme.
To apply as a mentor or mentee, please fill in the form below and provide as much information as possible to support the Team in the matching exercise. Please forward completed form and CV to email@example.com by 15 February 2019.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor or mentee and need further information, please contact Sandra Brown at Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 882 5585.