The Race Equality Action Group will develop a number of working groups to consider key issues to promote race equality within Queen Mary. Currently, these are as follows:
- Understanding and celebrating race and ethnicity (including organisation of Black History month activities).
- Addressing the ethnicity pay gap (staff).
- Supporting staff progression for people from ethnic minority backgrounds.
- Investigating and addressing issues around racial bullying and harassment.
- Reducing the ethnicity attainment gap (students).
- Developing inclusive curricula (students).