Organisation and Professional Development and the Equality Diversity and Inclusion teams are setting up a Train the Trainer Unconscious Bias Network to assist with the delivery of local training in faculties. We are looking for interested staff to become part of this network and deliver Unconscious Bias training locally within their faculty. As part of the Train the Trainer network there will be an expectation that you will be involved in the core delivery of this course across the university as well as locally in your faculty.
Who is it for?
No previous experience required. This opportunity is open to any member of staff at any level who is committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and can add value to Queen Mary through imparting their skills, knowledge and expertise to their colleagues to enable and enhance performance in others.
What is involved?
- 2-day ‘Train the trainer’ (accredited) course to prepare you for delivering classroom-based training events. This would not apply to anyone who already in a teaching role.
- An additional 1.5 day training on the resources and current research informing QMUL’s Unconscious Bias course.
- Your commitment to delivering 6 hours training in the university core programme.
- Access to, and support from, the QMUL UB Network.
- 2 year commitment to the QMUL UB Network.
- Demonstrate your professional value through the development of colleagues.
- Add another string to your bow to support your career progression prospects.
- Improved confidence gained via practice with your own material.
- Professional support and developmental planning from experienced facilitator.
- Enables local delivery of key (mandatory) training courses.
- Accreditation to OCN Level 3.
- Ongoing support from the Organisation & Professional Development and training network.
3 April 2019
Half day training on resources and current research
4 & 5 April 2019
2 day Train the Trainer course
How to apply
If you are interested in participating in the Train the Trainer Unconscious Bias Network please complete the following Train the Trainer – Application Form [DOC 45KB] confirming:
- Why you would like to become a faculty trainer, outlining the skills you have that you feel are relevant.
- Evidence of your line managers support.
If you would like an informal chat and need further information, please contact Lorraine Smith at email@example.com or 0207 882 3009.